Cathedral Hill is set to raise the bar on urban living when it opens in Fall 2013
Ottawa, ON, November 1, 2011 – Cathedral Hill, the newest condominium tower from Windmill Development Group, is poised to dominate Ottawa’s real estate market in the coming months. Centrally located on Sparks Street, west of Bay, the sophisticated 21-storey building offers the perfect blend of history and contemporary elegance.
Windmill’s development philosophy and vision resonated strongly with the Anglican diocese. The Church and diocese were seeking the right partner to develop the land surrounding the 138-year-old Christ Church to generate income for its ministries and to pay for the ongoing restoration of the heritage building. Cathedral Hill is a designated heritage district, and Windmill’s new development will be sensitive and complementary.
Designed by world-renowned architect Gordon Stratford of HOK, these urban condominiums combine the vibrancy and convenience of downtown living, with the calmness and serenity of their natural green surroundings. Each of the 140 luxurious condominiums—including one- and two-bedroom units, many with dens, as well as townhomes and penthouses—offers: stunning views of the Ottawa River, Gatineau Park, Parliament Hill and Sparks Street; striking and sophisticated modern architecture that respects the site’s heritage; and contemporary interior design with exceptional attention to detail.
Cathedral Hill also provides full lifestyle amenities, including:
- Fully outfitted fitness centre with showers and change rooms
- Relaxing steam room and sauna
- Multi-use studio ideal for activities such as yoga
- Entertainment lounge with full caterer’s kitchen and terrace
- Movie theatre
- Professional wine storage room
- Concierge at your service
- Rooftop garden with small gardening plots available for purchase
- Covered and secure bicycle parking
- Spacious ski and bike tuning room
- Outfitted mud/dog washing room
- Project rooms offering the perfect location to work on hobbies or crafts
- Two deluxe guest suites for overnight guest accommodation
- Electric car charging station
- Moving/holding room offering temporary storage space
- Access to an executive boardroom
The building’s features and finishes include:
- Stylish solid core entry door with stained veneer finish and quality hardware
- 9 ft. ceilings with smooth finish (no stipple)
- Engineered hardwood flooring
- Ceramic tile in all bathrooms
- Low VOC paint throughout
- 4” painted baseboards
- Modern wood veneer and/or high gloss kitchen cupboard with soft closing hardware
- Caesarstone or Quartz kitchen countertops
- Quartz or ceramic mosaic backspash
- Undermount stainless steel kitchen sink and modern styled single lever chrome kitchen faucet
- Modern wood veneer and/or high gloss bathroom cupboards
- European-styled integrated kitchen with electric cooktop, 5 Energy Star rated appliances in stainless steel with panel fronts to match cabinets
- Tiled bathroom walls and floors, glass showers
- Integrated custom Corian bathroom sinks and counters
- Bathroom fixtures:
- faucets and shower assembly in chrome finish
- Proficiency toilets
- acrylic tubs
- soaker tub with Corian surround
- European-style combination Energy Star washer/dryer unit with condensing dryer
As with all Windmill buildings, Cathedral Hill will be LEED certified (targeting LEED Gold minimum). The company is the only Canadian developer of residential condominiums to achieve LEED Platinum certification, a standard that reduces the cost to consumers and the impact to the environment. By harnessing innovations in land use, water, air, energy, design, waste management and smart building technologies, Windmill is able to create healthy, high-performance green buildings and communities that consume as little energy as possible and feature only the most environmentally friendly materials, fixtures and appliances.
In addition, Cathedral Hill will incorporate methods to reuse water, including the collection and storage of rainwater for toilets and landscaping needs. It will also promote green modes of transportation. The tower is situated near the city’s major bus routes and future LRT station and will also provide secure bicycle storage rooms, plug-ins for alternative fuel vehicles and an on-site car-share service.
The stunning presentation centre off Queen Street, is now open, and Windmill is extremely pleased with the market response to date.
Cathedral Hill is anticipating a Fall 2013 occupancy. Building on Windmill’s impressive track record, this project promises to be one of the most healthy, environmentally friendly and sought-after condominiums in Canada. To learn more about Cathedral Hill can call 613-566-7010 or visit www.cathedralhill.ca.
Windmill is a visionary company dedicated to transforming conventional development practices by ensuring that strong ecological, social and financial returns are achieved in all their projects. Every Windmill development is conceived, designed and constructed to protect and enhance the local community and its ecosystems. The company’s founders have held prominent positions in the Canadian design, construction, brownfield and green real estate industry for more than 30 years, resulting in an unmatched value proposition when it comes to responsible urban infill and property revitalization. Completed projects include The Currents, a performing arts centre and modern condominium tower in Ottawa’s Wellington West neighbourhood, and Dockside Green, a model sustainable community in Victoria that was named one of 16 Clinton Climate Initiative Climate Positive developments.
For more information, please contact:
Avenue Design Group Inc.
613-749-9449 ext. 5000
Windmill Development Group
613-820-5600 ext. 158