Project Assistant Controller
Windmill is currently looking to hire a creative and energetic Project Assistant Controller with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a corporate environment. The Project Assistant Controller will support the Controller in the accounting function of the Zibi project.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role at Windmill. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timely completion of the monthly financial reporting process, including account analysis, and preparation and review of monthly reconciliations;
- Assist in the management of the accounts payables process;
- Maintain a strong internal control environment to ensure continuous compliance with various regulatory requirements, including IFRS, applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations for financial and tax reporting;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, including the project management team, to accurately capture costs and monitor budget adherence, including contract management and administration;
- Support the accounting team in their daily tasks and responsibilities; lead with the focus on accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting, accountability, continuous skill development and professional and career growth;
- Assist in the set up appropriate accounting policies; research, interpret, document and implement accounting guidance and ensure appropriate accounting treatment of business transactions at all times;
- Initiate process change to drive efficiencies through process review, automation, application of effective IT solutions and data management;
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements including notes disclosure in accordance with IFRS; provide timely and accurate analysis of forecasts, financial results, cash flows and operating metrics; plan and coordinate the external audit and tax compliance process;
- Assist with cash flow forecasting and cash flow analysis;
- Identification of ways to streamline the day-to-day accounting operations and make processes more efficient;
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc reports, financial reviews and special projects as directed by the leadership team.
What are your skills?
- Strong people skills, with the proven ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Energetic leadership. This person enjoys leading by example. Using a “can-do” attitude that will positively influence and energize the team;
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated in written, verbal report writing, presentations and meeting facilitation;
- This person doesn’t wait for the opportunities to come to them;
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment;
- Responsive, with a knack for anticipating needs and delivering on commitments;
- An innovator who delivers on commitments, with the proven ability to identify, evaluate, develop new ideas and deliver results.
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet:
- We’re looking for someone with their CPA designation;
- Knowledge of IFRS would be an asset and should be highlighted in your resume;
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting;
- You have 2+ years of related experience in a finance or accounting environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- You’ve built strong analytical skills through your experience working on complex and often difficult transactions.
Click here to view the full job post.